Behind openHPI is a dedicated team of scientists who are members of the Chair of “Internet Technologies and Systems” at HPI, led by Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel.
Where We’ve Come From
openHPI benefits from our many years of research activities in the fields of e-learning/ teleteaching and the social and semantic web. Various tools and methods for the production and dissemination of educational content have resulted from this research:
- The tele-TASK system allows the inexpensive and simple dual-screen recording of lectures and their dissemination via a modern portal enriched with semantic search and social collaboration (http://tele-task.de/).
- The Tele-Board allows creative collaboration between virtual and globally distributed teams (http://tele-board.com/).
- The Tele-Lab “IT Security” is used in teaching to give students access to virtual computer and network environments while learning, and for the practical implementation of security techniques via the Internet (more information).
- The Semantic Media Explorer (SEMEX) enables a semantic search of multimedia data. The data is semantically analyzed in an automated process (more information).
- Blog intelligence enables the efficient analysis of the exponentially growing amounts of data in social networks and the blogosphere.
In the implementation of openHPI we were able to draw on the knowledge and experiences gained from these tools and, at the same time, create new insights and a deeper understanding of learning processes in the social and mobile web, which flows back into our research.
Where We're Going
The openHPI-Team, under the direction of Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel, has designed an entirely new, even better platform for the offer of its interactive online courses. This platform is based on the experiences of openHPI’s first interactive online courses (MOOCS) and has been developed in collaboration with a large student team. The service-oriented platform architecture allows the flexible integration of:
- Innovative learning tools and virtual labs, such as gaming features or the Tele-Lab for Internet security,
- Personal learning environments (e-portfolio systems) and social networks and
- Content production workflows that have already proven highly valuable, in the tele-TASK portal.
Our Most Important Questions
In our openHPI research, the team focuses on the following questions:
- Analytics: What conclusions can be drawn from the analysis of learner behavior and how can this be used to improve the online learning program?
- Semantic and social web: What new semantic and social web technologies can be developed to support the understanding of and navigation in online learning materials?
- Virtual learning labs: How can environments where learners interact with virtual IT systems be made more scalable for massive participation?
- Gamification: How can the motivation of learners be increased through the functionality and design principles found in online gaming?
- Innovative Learning Services: How can learning be supported in the heterogeneous contexts of where learners live and work?
Who We Are
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel Project Lead openHPI and Institute Director of Hasso Plattner Institute
- Dipl.-Inf. Christian Willems Technical Lead openHPI
- Dr. rer. nat. Thomas Staubitz Senior Lecturer
- Max Bothe, M.Sc. Research Associate
- Mohamed Elhayany, M.Sc. Research Associate
- Christiane Hagedorn, M.Sc. Research Associate
- Dr. rer. nat. Tobias Rohloff Research Associate
- Sebastian Serth, M.Sc. Research Associate
- Hendrik Steinbeck, M.Sc. Research Associate
- Zuhra Sofyan, M.Sc. Research Associate
- Theresa Zobel, M.Sc. Research Associate
- Dr. Ralf Teusner Research Associate (Research Group 'Enterprise Platform and Integration Concepts')
- Peter Baker, B.Eng. Software Developer
- Christoph Blessing, B.Sc. Software Developer
- Julia Casamitjana, M.Sc. Software Developer
- Anna Costalonga, M.A. Software Developer
- Franz Liedke, M.Sc. Software Developer
- Vitaly Lyapunov, B.A. Software Developer
- Dominic Sauer, M.Sc. Software Developer
- Jennifer Weniger, M.Sc. Software Developer
- Jan Graichen, M.Sc. Cloud Engineer
- Navid Behboodian Cloud Engineer
- Matthias Wiesner System Administrator
- Robert Conrad Business Development
- Martin van Elten, M.A. Community Manager
- Alexander Feuser Digital Education Offers
- Dipl.-Kulturwirtin Stefanie Schweiger Communication and Relationship Management
- Laura Schulz, M.Sc., Project Management/Key Account Management
- Hans-Joachim Allgaier, M.A. Public Relations (Freelancer)
From left to right: Ahmed Shams (former), Matthias Wiesner, Malte Swart (former), Tobias Rohloff, Christian Willems, Max Bothe, Stefanie Schweiger, Prof. Christoph Meinel, Jan Graichen, Christiane Hagedorn, Jan Renz (former), Ralf Teusner, Franz Liedke, Thomas Staubitz
Many of Our HPI Students Work in the openHPI Development Team:
- Alexander Sohn
- Elena Gensch
- Kamran Ali
- Maroua Filali
- Maximilian Paß
- Nele Sina Noack
- Paul Strobach
- Prashant Dangwal
- Siddhant Gadamsetti
- Sophie Schönefeldt
- Xin Huang
- Ranji Raj Nair
Master Theses on openHPI
Current master theses
Are you interested in writing a thesis at openHPI? Get in touch with us, we are sure to find an exciting topic.
Finished master theses
- Nicolas Fricke, M.Sc.
- Hauke Klement, M.Sc.
- Thomas Klingbeil, M.Sc.
- Christoph Müller, M.Sc.
- Dominic Petrick, M.Sc.
- Tobias Pfeiffer, M.Sc.
- Gerardo Navarro Suarez, M.Sc.
- Sebastian Woinar, M.Sc.
- Daniel Hoffmann, M.Sc.
- Tino Junge, M.Sc.
- Franz Liedke, M.Sc.
- Rakesh Kumar Sah, M.Sc.
- Nicolas Wittstruck, M.Sc.
- Kai-Adrian Rollmann, M.Sc.
- Tobias Rohloff, M.Sc.
- Max Bothe, M.Sc.
- Jan Graichen, M.Sc.
- Malte Swart, M.Sc.
- Kirstin Heidler, M.Sc.
- Sebastian Brückner, M.Sc.
- Sören Oldag, M.Sc.
- Nicco Kunzmann, M.Sc.
- Henriette Dinger, M.Sc.
- Jonas Keutel, M.Sc.
- Dominic Sauer, M.Sc.
- Sebastian Serth, M.Sc.
- Max Klenk, M.Sc.
- Theresa Zobel, M.Sc.
Former members of the openHPI project
Dr. Michael Totschnig, Elnaz Mazandarani, Stefan Bunk, Max Jendruk, Daniel Moritz, Keven Richly, Mandy Klingbeil, Jonas Müller, Johannes Jasper, Sebastian Kliem, Bjarne Sievers, Maximilian Jenders, Ann Katrin Kuessner, Ahmed Shams, Dr. Martin Malchow, Dr. Haojin Yang, Taras Sylenko, Jakob Mache, Simon Dietz, Jascha Beste, Adrian Steppat, Erik Ziegler, Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Bauer, Jost Morgenstern, Matthias Wenzel, Malte Swart, Caterina Mandel, Sandro Speh, Simon-Pierre Krautkrämer, Udo Pigorsch, Finn Klein, Oliver Nordemann, Ben-Noah Engelhaupt, Olga Sening, Felix Auringer, Felix Treykorn, Jost Götte, Dr. rer. nat. Jan Renz, Tiago Martins Araújo
Would you like to become part of the team? You can find our current vacancies on our Jobs page.
In the event of any questions, we welcome you to contact us via the helpdesk. You can also write us an email to email@example.com.
This page was last changed at Thu, 11 Nov 2021 08:57:41 +0000.