This video belongs to the openHPI course Digital Entrepreneurship. Do you want to see more?
To enable the transcript, please select a language in the video player settings menu.
About this video
This input video will introduce the concept of 'entrepreneurial ecosystems.' We will discuss why entrepreneurs depend on systems and other actors and why they are influenced by the geographical region surrounding them.
Readings mentioned in the video:
- Institute for Innovation and Technology Report (2018) (in German only)
- Shipilov, A., & Gawer, A. (2020). Integrating research on interorganizational networks and ecosystems. Academy of Management Annals. (Not open access)
- Stam, E., & Spigel, B. (2016). Entrepreneurial ecosystems. Discussion Paper Series 16-13. (Open access)
- Startup Heatmap Europe Report 2021
- Sussan, F., & Acs, Z. J. (2017). The digital entrepreneurial ecosystem. Small Business Economics. (Preprint available as open access on SSRN)