To enable the transcript, please select a language in the video player settings menu.
About this video
This video will focus on the reasons for the gender gap in funding, and we will explain how this affects female entrepreneurship.
- TED talk with Dana Kanze on 'The real reason female entrepreneurs get less funding'
- Kanze, D., Huang, L., Conley, M. A., & Higgins, E. T. (2017). Male and Female Entrepreneurs Get Asked Different Questions by VCs — and It Affects How Much Funding They Get. Harvard Business Review. (monthly free available HBR articles)
Further readings mentioned in the video:
- Foss, L., Henry, C., Ahl, H., & Mikalsen, G. H. (2019). Women’s entrepreneurship policy research: a 30-year review of the evidence. Small Business Economics. (available via ResearchGate, requires a login)
- Female Founders Monitor 2020
- Guzman, J., & Kacperczyk, A. (Olenka). (2019). Gender gap in entrepreneurship. Research Policy. (preprint available)
- Kanze, D., Huang, L., Conley, M. A., & Higgins, E. T. (2018). We Ask Men to Win and Women Not to Lose: Closing the Gender Gap in Startup Funding. Academy of Management Journal. (not open access)
- Marlow, S., & Patton, D. (2005). All Credit to Men? Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Gender. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice. (not open access)